Monday, May 01, 2006

Me and the Law

Just a few weeks before Pirate was born, I took the LSATs. Just after he was born, I was preparing my application for law school. I was only applying to one school, as it seemed rather silly to uproot my whole family because I waited until my late 20s to go back to school. Then, life happened (Pirate had some health issues; I needed surgery) and I did not complete the process. Today, I began the process again. I have looked into LSAT dates and I emailed a local law professor/advisor to get advice from him. I am so excited! While I am a wife and the mother of three children, this is something that I can claim as my own and I can't stop thinking about it.

In other news, I am rather stressed this week...I am taking the kids on a 7 hour-ish car ride this weekend for a family party. As we were not originally going, Paco did not take Friday off. So, I am riding with my parents and all three of the kids. It really should be fun, but I right now all I can think about is laundry, money, packing, car sickness and a billion other issues. I keep forgetting to write a note to school so Princess can get the work she will miss. I have to be packed early so one of our bags can ride with a sister who is driving separately. Of course, in between all of this, regular weekday stuff will be happening. I do try and remember that life would be very boring without so many activities...wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that taking your LSATs is a great idea! At the law office where I work now, they're strict, but the full-timers have some great benefits (like paid lunches). I was considering going to UB for a Public Relations master, but I don't know. The thought of school is just so depressing. I've only been out a year - not long enough!

K_i_c_k_p_l_e_a_t said...

Yes, I have cable, but we've told them 3 TIMES to cancel it and they haven't yet, so ... I'll take it. Especially when they stopped billing us.

As for law school, good for you for not letting go of a dream! And good for you for upping your earning potential. That doesn't sound like such a bad idea, as I shuffle insurance claims for a living.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com