Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Life v. Hot Dogs

There are times in my life that I wish I could just breeze home, make delicious meals and have happy family time. Today, I made hot dogs in the microwave. They were Ball Park...not even the Western New York staple, Sahlen's. I will admit the kids had no problem with them, though. I will admit that we break some parenting rules when we have hot dogs: we give them to our kids on chop sticks as if they are corn dogs - they love them!

I was in Philadelphia over the weekend and should have had a great cheesesteak and a great hoagie, but I did not. We were so busy with family obligations that we had no time for anything regional (which to me, is a hoagie). Right before leaving, we had lunch at a local restaurant - my father and I split a hoagie and a cheesesteak. The hoagie was a on a toasted roll, which isn't anything like a hoagie should. The cheesesteak was fine, although it wasn't great by any means. Sigh.

1 comment:

K_i_c_k_p_l_e_a_t said...

I have a nice easy side dish for you that I just learned! (Of course, we eat it as a meal). It's easy and tasty and I bet even the kids would like it.

Just cook a cup of white rice as usual, then empty it into a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Next stir in a tablespoon of mixed dried herbs (parsley and basil do the trick). Then stir in a cup and a half of shredded mozzarella until it melts, and you have yourself a fragrant, gooey rice bowl.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com