Friday, May 12, 2006

It seems that there are times that I am so frazzled that I can't think straight; times that my children, husband, work and commitments become so overwhelming that I fear a total meltdown. This week, for instance, TBell had snack day at school. She wanted to bring homemade cupcakes. I also had to remember that she needed $15 for a farm field trip next week. It is also Teacher's Appreciation week at Princess' school; she needed to bring in $5 on Tuesday and a special gift just from her on Thursday. As it happens, TBell ended up with a box of vanilla wafers and Princess didn't bring her special gift until today. (I had two evening meetings this week in addition to normal life stuff.) I still have to get a gift for a school birthday party that is happening tomorrow - today at lunch is the only available time for this. Where am I going with this?...you may be asking. I am writing to say that today, I am okay with it all. I am okay with the boxed cookies and the late teacher gift. I am okay with not being the one on the farm trip. I am okay with life. So okay, in fact, that I am volunteering to possibly be another committee within my community. Live on, Supermom!

*******Very important side note: I often talk about my love of soda fountain beverages...if I am going to have a soda (pop, Coke, Pepsi), I prefer it with ice and a straw. For some reason, I have completely ignored my workplace ice machine - I have pretended it wasn't there. Today, however, I remembered and am having a Pepsi One with ice...oh, Happy Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that ice machine was for executive use only!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com