Friday, June 27, 2008

Another recipe with no picture

I have made a completely wonderful cake TWICE recently and have forgotten to take a picture both times so I could share it with you. The first time I decided not to post because I was sure I would remember the next time. I clearly shouldn't trust myself that much!

Anyway, to make a super yummy chocolate cherry cake, you need the following:

1 well greased Bundt pan
1 chocolate cake mix
1 21oz can of cherry pie filling
3 eggs
1 tsp almond extract (I forgot this in cake 2 and it was still a big hit)
1 oven preheated to 350 degrees

Blend the cake mix, pie filling, eggs and extract on high for two minutes. Pour into pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan, then turn it over to completely cool on a rack.

If you would like, make this simple chocolate glaze for the top:

Combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1T butter, 2T milk, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a saucepan and heat over low until completely combined/melted. Pour over cooled cake.

Now eat it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how long the weekend was going to continue!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That cake sounds daaamn good, Johnson! Hope all is well with you.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com