Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Weeked Continued

The cookout was a complete success. There was plenty of food and drink, even for the unexpected guests, and fun was had by all. The highlight for me was the rave reviews my rhubarb pie received. I have never made any sort of pie before (other than the pudding variety). Paco has been asking me since about the first day we met - 14 years ago - to make him a strawberry rhubarb pie and I have been too afraid. I can cook and bake many things, but pies just seemed too hard. Yesterday at the market, though, I took the plunge and bought some rhubarb. I will admit that I had some trouble with the crust, but for my first time it worked out okay. Sadly, I didn't think to take a picture. I used this recipe and highly recommend it. In fact, my mother-in-law even said it was good!

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com