Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Accidental Fudge

I have been a mad baker this Christmas Season. My [non-blogging] sister and I have spent many of the recent days making multiple batches of cookies to be given to various recipients. After she left yesterday, I made a batch of chocolate thumbprints because she didn't want any. Now, the finished product is fine, although I don't think I would make them again. But, because I lack some major housekeeping skills, I left the unused chocolate mixture out on the kitchen table last night when I was done. This morning, the stuff in the bowl resembled fudge. I stared it for a few minutes, then offered it to Paco. He took one spoonful and said, "Why did you make so little of it? Can you make more today?" I tasted it and it does indeed taste like fudge. This has to be the easiest fudge I have ever made. I think it may be easier than the spoon fudge I made in 7th grade in Home-Ec. I am going to make a much larger batch of it today to be sure that it works and will then post the recipe here for all of you to use. Mmmmm - I can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice...you offer me the cookies with the yucky soap-tasting walnuts, but not the fudge! I see how it is...

Michele said...

Two things:

1. Had you stayed the night, you would have had a better chance at having some since it didn't happen until this morning.

2. Why should I offer you the good stuff?

Marsha said...

I've never had chocolate thumbprints - sounds interesting!

But what on earth is in them to make them fudgy? Are there raw eggs?

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish you would post something new to break up the never-ending monontony of my afternoon.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com