Sunday, December 03, 2006

General Happiness

I have been intending to update for a few days now and keep getting sidetracked. As I write, the family is getting ready for Sunday school and church - it is the Season of Advent! - and I am squeezing in a few minutes of computer time. There are several things that I wanted to write about and, if I remember correctly, none of them are really related. (Not surprising, I know.) So, for this post, I am going to pass on the recipe that my sister posted a few days ago:

Crazy Easy Beer Bread

3 cups Self -rising flour
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 bottle (12 oz) beer

Mix the ingredients together and pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

I tend to add things to this bread, like spices or cheese or bacon, to add to the flavor. You can experiment with different types of beer, also, to change the flavor a bit. This bread is somewhat dense and goes really well with soup. I recently served cheesy potato soup for dinner with thick slices of beer bread...mmmmmmm!

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com