Friday, November 10, 2006

Election Hangover

Well, election season is officially over in WNY. I am exhausted from the whole experience. There was a lot of work to do to this year, which is scary because I know that next year is going to be even worse on a town-level.

I want to share an interesting tidbit that came to my attention last night while attending a meeting. Now, I am not necessarily interested in discussing the politics surrounding this event, just the media portrayal associated with it. Congressman Reynold's was given a hard time, to say the least, about his involvement in the Mark Foley scandal involving a young man. There was a media circus, really, with accusations, press conferences and articles. In WNY, the press wanted Reynolds to be a villain. The interesting part is that in Florida, where Foley is from, Reynolds is a hero. Apparently, the media there credits Reynolds with saving Florida from Foley. What is my point, you ask? It is this: aside from my good friend who works in television, I *HATE* the media.

Enough politics. Coming soon: holiday celebrations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I want to hear all about holiday celebrations. Now that the elections are over, I am all for enjoying the holiday season. Are you cooking for Thanksgiving? I'm making a seckel pear and toasted pecan salad with homemade dressing from a recipe I found on the internet last year.

I miss you too!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com