Monday, November 20, 2006

Wine and Turkey

For those of you out there who are wondering what wine to serve on Thanksgiving, I thought I would give you my picks for a great pairing. Sometimes, a wine can make the meal - wouldn't you like to be the hero who brings the best bottle?

The absolute best wine to serve with turkey, in my opinion, is a Gewurztraminer. This is a slightly sweeter wine (which I would ordinarily never choose) that has a hint of effervescence (or bubbly). It most resembles a Riesling but has a great flavor of its own. Paired with turkey, this wine tastes incredible and is a must at your table.

If you prefer red wine, then go with a Pinot Noir. This red is mellow, so its flavor won't get in the way of the great food you are eating. Pinot Noir is also nice by itself, so you can sip it longer after you have left the table.

Happy Turkey everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a lush.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com