Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Holiday Yums

Here is a quick recipe that is really delicious and easy to make.

Crush 5 candy canes into small pieces; set aside. Melt two bags of white chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler. When melted, stir in 2 tsp. of mint extract and all of the candy cane pieces. Combine. Spread mixture onto baking sheet lined with wax paper and freeze. The candy is done when it is completely hard. After it is set, break into pieces. This looks really pretty in cellophane bags tied with pretty ribbon and an ornament.

I will try to add more holiday recipes as they come to me. Let me know if anyone tries this one - I know that Paco really likes it and am interested to know who else does!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post makes me rethink my decision to hire you last year. Good thing you quit; I may have had to fire you!

That being said, I love me some "Cane Brittle," which is what my family calls this stuff.

Desert Sun said...

Um, okay....why this post gets Colleen's hackles up is beyond me. I fear for my job all of a sudden.

I'm just now catching up on over a month's worth of your entries...sorry for being such a slacker! It was great seeing you guys at lunch last week. Hope you had a terrific, tasty Thanksgiving!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com