Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving Side of Fabulous

While I haven't made this dish in a very long time, I thought I would share it with you in case you would like to add it to your Thanksgiving table. (I realize that I am again not sharing a vegetarian recipe and I am very sorry, A. I *am* trying!)

Chop and cook 1 large onion in 1T of butter. (You can use cooking spray, also.) When the onion is about halfway done cooking, add 1 package of chopped bacon. (It's much easier to chop frozen bacon so you may want to stick it in the freezer prior to making this.) Completely cook the bacon and onion mixture. Then, add two jars of completely drained red cabbage and mix/heat completely.

This recipe is very easy, although it does take a little bit longer than you would think to cook through; don't be discouraged if it's not done in 10 minutes. The completed dish looks very pretty on a table and tastes INCREDIBLE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, c'mon, it's OK! Did I not adapt your potato casserole to be meatless? Anything can be vegetarian if you try hard enough.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com