Saturday, November 18, 2006

Insomnia

It is 4:00 in the morning. I have been up since 2:30. AHHHHHHHHHHH! I have been productive, however. So far I have finished my Sunday School lesson and almost finished my Christmas shopping for the kids. I love the internet! I only need two other items and those can be easily purchased at a store at some point. Actually, I am almost completely done with everyone - I am amazed! I only have a few more gifts to buy and then the wrapping can begin!

Princess had her cheer leading extravaganza last night. She was very cute. (We used a new camcorder to record the event and take pictures. I will try to hook it up soon so I can post one or two here.) She also had a complete meltdown afterwards which she attributed to being sad that the season is over. I think she is a bit too sensitive and really have no idea what I am going to do with her when she is a teenager. Honestly, I am often surprised when I realize that she isn't a teenager yet based on her behavior.

My sister is coming this weekend and is staying with me for the first part of her visit. My house is a mess and is in no state to have 4 more people (my sister, her two kids and her au pair) in it. I have been so busy, though, that I just haven't had time to worry about it. I also have so much to do in the roughly 12 hours I have until she gets here that I have no idea how I am going to get it all done. I should probably be doing dishes or something now, but I am afraid I will make too much noise and I would really prefer that the kids sleep. Even more frightening is that we are going away for Thanksgiving and I am not at all ready for that. I am normally so excited for these kinds of trips. This year, I am lucky if I remember that we are going half of the time!

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com