Friday, April 14, 2006

Fantastic Fish

I had my inlaws over for dinner last night. We are not going to see them this weekend as my sister is coming into to town and the whole weekend will be with my family. So, guess I invited them as sort of an Easter celebration. I served fish, with couscous cooked in chicken broth and corn. Now, the inspiration came from Giada De Laurentiis, although I didn't follow her recipe exactly. I sprinkled tilapia fillets with lemon pepper and then drenched in flour. I pan fried in two or three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. I also cooked two small, chopped onions in extra virgin olive oil, then added a bag of chopped spinach. When that was cooked down, I added a can of cannelini beans and about 1/2 cup of chicken broth. I served the fish over the spinach and topped it with a homemade lemon vinaigrette (lemon juice, fresh parsley, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.)

This meal was so good! Even my father-in-law loved it, who is a butcher and a very meat and potato kind of guy. My kids loved it, too. Princess even ate the spinach.

We ended the evening by going out for ice cream at a local ice cream and sandwich shop. Princess ran into a friend from school, so she and I ended up sitting with that family. It was very cute to watch them tell secrets and giggle.

All in all, it was a wonderful night and I am sad to have to work today instead of continuing the Easter celebration!

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com