Sunday, April 23, 2006

Computer Woes

I know computers are supposed to make things so much easier. But, what happens when the easy part gets all muddled with things that make it hard?!?! I thought that I had some sort of virus because I suddenly couldn't open email attachments or files with MS Word or Excel. I ran a virus scan, however, and came up with nothing. Now, I can't access the internet via the regular explorer; I have to use AOL to do it. I am thinking that it is spyware or something, but that is totally beyond my knowledge. I am going to ask the IT people at work to take a look at it since I can't even work from home right now due to this INSANITY!

On another note, I am not really looking forward to tomorrow. Princess and TBell have been off of school for a week and dance for two weeks. Now, I have to make lunches, make sure dance clothes are clean, have regular bedtimes and so on. I much prefer the less scheduled lifestyle we have been leading. I can still hear the girls talking upstairs, which is only going to mean a rough morning when the alarm goes off.

Yet another unrelated thought: Paco and I went to a family wedding last night. While we had a great time talking and dancing (and drinking and laughing), I have to admit that the food was not that great. We split the chicken and the prime rib. Now, I realize that wedding fare isn't really known for being that great, but I kind of thought that a country club would be better. The service was great, but the mashed potatoes were dry and the veggies were frozen rather than fresh. Also, the cake was terrible. It was dry with a poorly done fondant frosting. When served, it was all white with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I suppose it could have been intended to be all white, but the presentation seemed lacking.

Anyway, that was my weekend. How was yours?

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com