Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sorry for the Delay

Okay, I have been told that my absence has been felt across the internet world. Well, that may be an exaggeration. But, at least two people have mentioned that they miss me. Things have been crazy here and my computer time has not been fantastic. I am here now, though, and will try to make the most of it!

First, there has not been much cooking my kitchen lately. I am not especially proud of this and am hoping to fix that soon. I did make a warm dip the other day for a party that turned out really good. It wasn't terribly difficult or anything, but I got a lot of compliments. I spread 8 oz. of cream cheese on the bottom of a small-ish, round baking dish. I then added about 1/2 jar of spicy black bean dip. (I used an organic version for this, but you could use any black bean dip you would like.) Next I added some pre-cooked spicy chicken. Lastly, I covered the whole thing with grated cheddar cheese. I heated it through and served. For something so simple, I received a lot of compliments. And for the vegetarians out there, you can obviously not add the chicken.

In other news, Princess is turning 7 on Saturday. We are going to Red Lobster for dinner because she is in desperate need of crab legs. I realize that Red Lobster isn't the best place in the eyes of many people. But, remember that we live in Western New York and the seafood is not plentiful here! On Sunday, she had TBell are having a joint party. (TBell turns 5 next Thursday.) We will be playing Radio Disney and making glittery faces and dancing. The party favors are CDs of the girls favorite music. I will be sure to take pictures and include some here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whee! You're back! The dip sounds great. I actually have some Morningstar Farms vegetarian "chikin" I could use for that. But I really don't like the consistency. It's a little more rubbery than I care for.

Happy birthday, TBell!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com