Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Happy 100!

Folks, this is my 100th post. I can hardly contain my excitement! I am sure that you are all equally as thrilled that I continue to amaze with my wit and recipes.

Okay, maybe there was a little sarcasm there. Anyway...I have to make cupcakes for TBell to take to school tomorrow. She picked a red velvet cake mix and chocolate frosting. I really didn't think anything of it, but my mother was HORRIFIED and said that red velvet cake should only have cream cheese frosting. Now, my mother is the type of woman who would know these things. She has made countless wedding, birthday, and other occasion cakes. So one would think I would listen to her. However, this is the same woman who REFUSED to make a chocolate wedding cake for me because she said that not everyone likes chocolate cake. She didn't listen when I pointed out that not everyone likes yellow (or other) cakes - including me! She doesn't like chocolate, so no one else can. So, do I make red velvet cupcakes with chocolate frosting and assume that she just doesn't like chocolate frosting? Or, is she actually right? Should red velvet cake only be served with cream cheese frosting? I don't want to traumatize the preschool!

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com