Sunday, June 25, 2006

Time

I am pretty sure that it was just Friday night, wasn't it? I have no idea where the time went - it is now Sunday evening and I still have a ton of things that I wanted to get done this weekend. There is so much to be done before we leave for vacation on Saturday that my head is positively spinning. There are all of the regular vacation type things like laundry, shopping, packing, etc; plus, Paco and I each have to get 15ish signatures on some (local, political) petitions before we leave and I have a picnic tomorrow night that I cannot miss. Incidentally, I am currently in the process of hydrating/cooking some black eyed peas for Texas Caviar to take to this picnic.

1 lb. dried peas Hydrate overnight, drain. Add fresh water, cook for 40 minutes. Drain and cool.

Add 1 chopped onion, 3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 chopped bell pepper, 3 bunches chopped scallions, 1 bottle zesty italian dressing and 3T hot sauce. Serve with chips or crackers.

Anyway, I know that I am really going to enjoy getting away next week. But, I also know that I am going to HATE this coming week just as much!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

How'd you rope Paco into doing petitions? I had the impression that he usually stayed out of such things.

As for this week: yes. I'm in the same boat and I have sticky note lists posted all over the house. I'm starting to understand why mom and dad argued on the first morning of every vacation we ever took.

Law Fairy said...

I hear ya. I'm leaving Friday, which at the same time feels way too far away and coming up way too fast. I have so much to do between now and then!!

But, ah! Vacation...

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com