Sunday, May 27, 2007

Various Tidbits of Information

I have no idea how so many days occur between my posts. I very often intend to write, but then get lazy or busy or something and the moments passes. However, I am currently sitting at my computer while the rest of the family is outside and I decided that it is the perfect time to write a mixed bag sort of post.

I worked at the bakery this morning and I have to say that it was my most enjoyable day there so far. Sadly, it was enjoyable because I was having completely inappropriate conversations with my coworkers, but for some reason we couldn't stop. And the conversations were funny. I think I laughed for an hour straight. Isn't it nice to do that sometimes? I don't think that the perfect environment will occur for that type of conversation to happen again (such as those two coworkers with me, no customers, strange moods, etc.) and it really shouldn't since we talked about things that would absolutely offend some people, but I kind of hope that it does happen again because it was just plain fun.

In cooking news, I found out something about crock pots. Now, it may be something that all of you know. However, I most assuredly did not and I was stunned - you do not need to add water/liquid when cooking in a crock pot. For some reason, I was sure that you did. The other day, I was looking online for a crock pot/pork tenderloin recipe because it was too hot to turn my oven on and we had no gas for the grill. I didn't feel like my normal recipe with beer, so I looked for a new way. I came across several recipes that did not involve liquid. So, I tried it just coated in a rosemary blend I have along with some pepper. IT WAS FANTASTIC! I have to say, this opens up a whole new world for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am fascinated by this new crock pot revelation! I have not used mine in quite some time...remember how I thought it was going to change my life?

Mayhaps I will stop and pick up a tenderloin on my way home today!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com