Sunday, May 13, 2007

Updates and More!

For those of you who are interested, I am enjoying my work at the bakery. We don't do any baking at our location - it is all trucked over from another (larger) location two times a day. (Someone does come in to make sandwiches and some of the pizza we sell.) So, as an opener, I am mostly responsible for setting up the store with the yummy goods and serving the few customers who are there between 6am and 9am. (My actual shift starts at 5 - the store opens at 6.) I was told in my interview that I can eat as many doughnuts and as much pizza as I want while I am working. I told the manager that this was a terrible thing to tell me! But, in fairness, doughnuts are not really my downfall. Pizza can be bad for me, but typically not that early in the morning. I have tried some yummy desserts that I have never had before, but overall I don't think my eating is too bad considering the circumstances.

My job at the grocery store is actually over before it really got off and running. I was able to quit because a woman I work for out of my home heard that I was working two jobs and guaranteed me enough hours to be able to quit at least one. Woohoo!

We ate the friendship bread, discussed in my last post, before I could take a picture of it - TBell and Pirate LOVED it! I have some other starters, but I think I ruined them because I forgot to take care of them. So, the project may be a bust now.

Princess just arrived back from a week in Walt Disney World with my parents. (My sister and her children joined them as well.) She had a wonderful time and was full of stories today. You could really tell that she was glad to see TBell and Pirate and that they were thrilled to see her - it warmed my heart! Airtran really (*$(^*$(% up the traveling, though, with a VERY late flight home and lost luggage. It seems that every time my parents travel via Airtran, their flight home is a disaster. It is to the point now that I highly recommend that no one use them at all!

I have some great pictures to post, but I am way too lazy to upload them right now. (They are still on the camera.) I promise to take care of it soon!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We really need to get together! I had no idea there was a Disney trip in the mix!
Sorry about last night...I got home late (around 9:30) and thought it might be too late to call).

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com