Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My First Ever...


...quiche! I don't know why I have never made one before. Paco loves them. I had a lot of eggs that I needed to use, so I decided to try it. I looked up a few recipes and then did a modified version of my own. I think my pan is a ten inch pan, but I am not sure. For the crust, I just used a box mix that you add water to and lined the bottom of the pan with it. Then I added fresh, chopped broccoli and shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese. I put enough in that the veggie and cheese were completely covering the bottom of the pan. Then, in a blender, I mixed 9 eggs, salt, pepper, 2 cups of half and half and about three tablespoons of flour. After it was all well mixed, I poured it in the pan. I baked it at 375 for about 50 or 55 minutes - just until the entire top was starting to brown. It was so good! And, for the record, it is vegetarian!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It's making my stomach rumble. I have always wanted to try making quiche, and you made it sound pretty simple. I have been inspired!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com