Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Disappointing Pork

I rely pretty heavily on pork in my kitchen. While pregnant with TBell, I developed an aversion to chicken that even 5+ years later I can't seem to shake. So, we have pork whenever I am in the mood for a white meat. Tonight, I adapted a recipe that I found to include items I currently have, rather than going to the store. I dipped the pork in an egg, soy sauce and orange juice mixture, then coated each one in crushed croutons. I drizzled melted butter over the top of each and then placed them in the oven at 250 for about 20 minutes. (Note: these were extremely thin chops, if yours are thicker, you will need to cook them longer.) While they turned out nice and tender, I was disappointed that I couldn't taste either the soy sauce or the OJ. I do think I will make them again, but I will add more of those two things in an effort to bring out the flavor.

In other news, I am in the midst of planning a brunch for one organization (happening this weekend) and a dinner for another. I have an MRI tomorrow. I have countless phone calls to make and envelopes to stuff and mail. However, I am playing on the computer and listening to the Sabres game, which Paco is watching behind me. Will I ever stop procrastinating? It seems very unlikely...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should do the "fork prick" marination thing. You know, stick a fork in the chops a bunch of times, then let them sit in the soy sauce/oj mixture for a few minutes, so the liquid really has a chance to work it's way into the little holes made by the fork tines. This is my fail-safe method for Chiavetta's marinating. Oh, how glad I am that Chiavetta's marination season is here!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com