Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Early Morning Message

It's 4:20 in the morning here and already I am showered, make-uped, and ready to go! Today is my first day at a local bakery where I will be on the opening shift. The idea is that I will be home in time to spend the day with the kids but still bringing in some money. This is not the only new job I am starting right now, but the plan is to work most of what I am doing around the kids. I think it should work out pretty well, but even if it doesn't...nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Paco and I watched Heroes last night. It was okay, although certainly not as good as other episodes have been. I am actually not interested in next week's at all because it seems to be more of a 'what could be' based on the previews, but isn't actually what happens at all. What's the point? I think there are only three new episodes after that, so I hope they have some secrets up their sleeves to make watching worthwhile!

In cooking news, I now have an electric griddle. I am so excited! I have never had one before and can't wait to start cooking pancakes, grilled cheese, and other such things in abundance! While I realize that I won't be creating exotic recipes with it, my kitchen has desperately needed one for a long time and will love the new addition!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have an electric griddle too, but it's gone unused because there is simply no room in our kitchen for it.
Good luck with your new bakery job! it sounds like fun. My friend used to have to get to Montana Mills at 3:30 in the morning to start baking the day's bread. Then she asked herself, "Why am I doing this? I'm 17 years old." So she went to work at Old Navy instead.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and also, I stumbled upon a really easy, frickin' delicious snack-type recipe. (Would it be ridiculous of me to admit I got it from our apartment complex newsletter?)
Just brush both sides of some Italian bread slices with olive oil and toast in the oven for 3 minutes (I turned them halfway through.)
Mix some chopped tomato, basil, onion, and chopped olives (I used capers)with some salt and pepper and spread on the toast. Top with some shredded mozzarella and bake in the oven for 6 minutes. Then top with some parmesan.
I have now taken up all your comment space. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

4:20am...you're a better woman than I!

Anonymous said...

Is an electric griddle like a George Foreman Lean, Mean, Fat-Reducing, Grilling Machine? 'Cause I have one of those. But maybe they're not the same.

How goes the baking? Have you made Boston Cream (Creme?) donuts yet?

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com