Monday, January 22, 2007

He Did It!

In April-ish of 1998, I sat down to watch the NFL Draft with Paco. Paco watches the entire thing each year and for some reason I joined him that year. As it happens, that day was the start of my love affair with Peyton Manning. I watched the human interest story about him while waiting for the draft to start and decided he was the Best Football Player Ever. I have followed his career - Paco always updates me with the Colts goings-on. I wouldn't say that I am a huge Colts fan, as I don't watch every game. But, I do like them and always want them to win. During the current play-off season, the three main men in my life (Paco, his father and my father)all said that there was no way Peyton was going to do it. The sports announcers said that he had to make it to the Superbowl in order to continue his amazing career. I remained faithful, though, even when my precious team was losing 21-3 last night to the New England Patriots. And....they won! I think I am actually going to watch the Superbowl this year instead of just eating the good food. I think the game last night could have gotten even a non-sports fan excited...what a great comeback! I am just tickled that Indianapolis won and went to bed with a *huge* grin on my face.

Woohoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele! Of all things in the world, I did not know you liked Peyton Manning! I despise that man--he sounds like the biggest retard on the face of the earth. I can do a great impression of his stupid voice, (which I would be more than happy to do for you someday). Yes, I will give him credit he deserves; he's not a half bad quarterback, and not too bad too look at. But please, didn't old man Archie ever think to give him speech lessons when he was little?! If he is the leader of sports team, learn to speak!

Anonymous said...

Just to back Wendy up, she can do a mean Peyton impression. She also gets very, very heated when you bring him up in conversation. I was a little afraid for my life this afternoon. She actually reminded me of myself.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com