Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Could I Have Felt Any Worse?

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. In fact, immediately following the births of each of my girls, I was thrilled at the prospect of possibly doing it again. Today, however, I was crying uncontrollably on my couch with a headache that hurt worse than most things I have ever felt. (I still remember the pain of a particular surgery I had and I do admit that this headache was not that bad; possibly close, though.) Princess was taking care of me and all three children behaved pretty well considering I was completely out of it for most of the day. I finally called my mother to bring me more medicine, which helped immensely. It sucked for her, though, because my three year old niece is staying with her for the week and had just thrown up in the car when she arrived at my house. I was barely able to help her and only had three napkins to give her. I was in so much pain that it didn't occur to me to give her rags or anything. I don't really get headaches like that and sincerely pray that it never happens again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! My poor RecipesForLife! That sounds terrible. I hope you are feeling much better. It must be nice to know that Princess will step up and take care of you when you need it.
I would blame this headache on working at Kanoodle, but you've been long gone, so that's ruled out.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com