Friday, September 08, 2006

Moving Right Along

Paco sent me an email right before I stopped working and said that he really wanted me to keep the house clean (which I admittedly don't do well) and be sure to get the kids outside rather then playing inside all day. Now, this is kind of a touchy subject with a lot of women, I think. I know he wasn't trying to be mean or chauvinistic. But, why doesn't HE keep the house clean? I did tell him that I refuse to do the laundry. (Our tubs don't empty automatically. We have to empty them every time they fill, which is twice a washing, by turning on the pump. So, until that pump is replaced, I will not run down to the basement every 20 minutes while doing laundry.) So, I guess I should be able to keep the rest of the house clean. Or, at least picked up. I have managed to keep the dishes done. And, I have picked one project everyday to make the house look better. I am so proud of myself! The house is almost in a state that I wouldn't mind if I have uninvited visitors! Maybe not completely...but very close!

Now, to address the "getting outside" business. I admit that I am prone to staying indoors. And, if I have a book to read, I tend to do that before anything responsible like parenting or cleaning. But, everyday this week we have been out and about. I have drawn pretend streets on the driveway with stores, restaurants and a park so the kids can ride their bikes "around town". TBell has had a friend over twice this week.

In addition to being a very good wife and mother, I have been proofreading like a mad-woman for a client and writing articles for Associated Content. So, every night after the kids are in bed, I am at my computer working away.

The hope now is that I can keep it up!

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com