Sunday, September 24, 2006

Food

I had a birthday brunch for my mother yesterday. The menu was quiche, sausage, melon and crescent rolls. The crescent rolls were adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe (30 Minute Meals) I saw the other day; they were SO yummy! Just take a can of crescent rolls (probbaly found in the dairy section of your grocery store) and open them up. Break the rolls apart at the perferation. Heat up some orange and apricot preserves or jam just enough to make them a little more like liquid than gel, then spread onto the dough triangles. Next, roll the triangles into crescent rolls. Brush each roll wiht an egg mixture and sprinkle with slivered almonds. Bake according to the crescent roll package instructions. I cannot tell you how delisicous they are! (After lunch we had a pumpkin-praline cheesecake!)

Today, I helped my mother can tomatoes. I had actually decided not to can this year, but ended up helping her anyway. We managed to get things done pretty quickly, although she ran out of jars. So, she had to refridgerate some of the stuff until she can get to the store. I am kind of hoping that she shares some of the finished product. (Although, to be fair, I didn't plan on having any this year.)

This weekend has been super busy which means I am not ready for the week yet. I feel like there are still so many things left to be done - I don't feel like getting back into school and everything already!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele, you'll be impressed to know that Mark Z. has been reading your blog! When are you going to leave some comments, Mark?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Mark .. quit lurking and start commenting! We all know you're here now!

P.S. How's it going??! Long time no see.

Michele said...

So where is this Mark character, then?

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com