Saturday, September 02, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I am taking advantage of blogger moving to Google to make some changes to my blog. I will probably not stick with any one thing until I find something I really like. Let me know what you think!

In addition to my blog changes, I am making some life changes as well. As of yesterday at 3:30pm, I am no longer employed. This decision was not made lightly, but took a lot of thought and consideration about my family and all that goes with it. Paco and I encountered so many issues with childcare, finances and family harmony that we ultimately decided that my being "at home" was the best for all of us. I admit that I am a little nervous about the way I am going to handle this...I really liked working - both my job and the people I worked with - and am afraid that my self-worth will plummet. However, I am looking forward to being with my kids a little more and being the one to help with homework, go the the MD and so on. Also, some wonderful people have given me some advice as to how to become a freelance writer. I have already submitted an article for consideration and have started an application for another site. Say a prayer for me that all of this works out! (I may actually have time to cook again, too, which means I may even post recipes again!)

Another change is a physical one in Princess. She is starting 1st grade this year and is growing up so fast! While my other two children tend to have growth spurts, I am pretty sure Princess just grows continuously. I took her clothes shopping for school today and am absolutely stunned at how big she is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully one of those ch-ch-ch-changes will be the removal of firearms ads from your blog!!

Michele said...

I know! Maybe someone can put a good word in for me with the Bright Ads administrator!

Anonymous said...

I'll give her a poke in the ribs every day until she complies. :)

Guess what? I've jumped on the blogging bandwagon: http://dream-underfoot.livejournal.com/

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com