Monday, August 14, 2006

Restaurant Fun

We wanted to go to Pizza Plant for dinner to celebrate Paco's birthday but there was an hour wait. (I tried to call ahead since there was going to be a big group, but they do not take reservations or do any type of call ahead seating.) So, we ended up at Smokey Bones and had a great time. The pulled pork was out of this world. Paco had all-you-can-eat ribs, which he assured me were worth the over-stuffed feeling afterward. While I am sure there are those from the south who would say that this restaurant does not serve "real" barbecue, I have to say that all of us found it to be quite delicious and am certain that we will go back another time.

In other restaurant news, I was thrilled to find out that The Melting Pot is coming to my neck of the woods - what can be better than fondue? And, if that isn't enough, we are also getting a Bonefish Grill! (This is particularly exciting since we don't have many great fish places around here.) We are also getting The Cheesecake Factory and some other places that I have not heard of.

I think that I am going to be gaining some weight!

2 comments:

Amy Frontuto said...

What is the melting pot? Do they serve nothing but fondue? I would enjoy that!

Michele said...

Click on the link - the place is fabulous!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com