Thursday, January 26, 2006

More from Nothing!

It seems we are still recovering from viruses and illness. Princess stayed home from school today with an ear infection. I am starting to feel that this blog should have been dedicated to the difficulties of being a "work outside the home" mother. Having just recently returned to full time employment (I was mostly at home for more than two years), I am having trouble coordinating work and home tasks. I thought my blog would feature all of the recipes I would make for my loving family...I did not consider that working full time would seriously limit the amount of home made things I cook.

I did make shrimp scampi for friends last week. I made it by referencing many different recipes (mostly from www.foodtv.com) and choosing the things I liked best from all of them.

Melt 4T butter in a large saucepan
Add 1/4 cup olive oil
Add 1/4 cup Chardonnay
Add shrimp until pink, then remove

Add 3T crushed garlic, 3T oregano
Add 1 box cooked angel hair pasta, add more oil to taste
Add shrimp back to pan, cook for 3 minutes more

Pour into bowl, cover with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

This was a big hit. I served it with crusty bread and chardonnay.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Hang in there, it's only been a few months. You'll get the hang of things and figure out some new favorites that don't take long and make (most of) the family happy. One thing I do when I'm scheduled for long hours is to pre-chop the week's veggies - everything from onions and garlic to carrots for steaming. You'd be amazed how much time that saves. Love ya babe!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com