Sunday, November 09, 2008

Planned Dining

I always have good intentions for weekly meal planning, but it just never works out. I very rarely end up making what I initially thought I would or Paco uses something I was counting on or I thaw the meat but we end up eating out. Today, however, I have a plan. I am making a beef roast, which I have never done before, for dinner this evening. It will be served with cheesy mashed potatoes, vegetables, gravy and biscuits. I am also making some brown rice to be cooled and placed in the fridge. Tomorrow, we will be having fried rice with sliced leftover meat from tonight's roast. I think I may buy some egg rolls to serve with the fried rice, but that assumes that I will make it to the store before then. Since I have already been to store once today I am not sure if I will have the energy or desire to go back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am terrible with meal planning, too. I always buy what I need for one or two good meals, figuring we'll eat leftovers or wing it on the other nights. I suppose when I have children I'll put better effort into it... I hope?

The Stay At Home Son said...

Hey, Michele! I saw your post at Hot Water Bath. I'm in Rochester. Too far--what a shame!!

Speaking of menu planning, hubby says tighten the belt, so I've been trying, but we're the same way as you...thawing then going out. I'm starting to find good recipe here and there and I'm sharing them on my blog when I find something good, so check it out if you want.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com