Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fried Rice Update

I ended up making the fried rice tonight instead of yesterday. (See? I never end up doing things as I had planned. We didn't go out last night, though. Paco made pancakes because I had a meeting.) It was SO good! I heated some sesame oil in a pan and then added the chopped meat from Sunday. After that was heated through, I added the leftover carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower from Sunday's dinner as well as the cold brown rice I had pre-made. Once all of it was heated through, I just used a fried rice seasoning packet and some soy sauce. It was really, really good. I served it with frozen eggrolls. I know I could probably make those, too, but I have to draw the line somewhere for quick dinners. I used to make fried dumplings every Christmas Eve and serve an assortment of homemade and restaurant purchased Chinese food. But, Christmas Eve tradtitions continue to evolve and I don't do that anymore.

No comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com