Thursday, December 29, 2005

Finally, a Recipe.

Since I created this blog to share recipes, I thought I should actually do it. This is for a crockpot - the essential working-woman kitchen tool. I don't know what I would do without mine. I should note that there are so many cool new crockpots available, you can really get one to suit any of your needs. Ideally, I would like to have one for just my family and a larger one to use for entertaining. Right now, I am using an orange/black one with a broken handle (a hand-me-down from dear mother-in-law).

1 pork roast, cut in half
1 bottle or can of beer, any type (I used a Molson with the vanity label)
1 cup chicken broth (any type of broth would probably work)
3T minced garlic
2T oregano

Combine above and simmer on low setting in crockpot for 8 hours.

This is absolutely delicious! I served it with rice and broccoli.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a vanity label?

I'm still not convinced of crock pot usefulness. It's one of the ongoing questions in my life.

Michele said...

Molson came out with labels that have amusing phrases on one side. Many people are buying the beer, especially in bars, just to see what label they get.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com